Please note that only GPs, nurses and AHP prescribers working in Northern Ireland are eligible to enrol for these workshops. Northern Ireland pharmacists may also enrol via the NICPLD website.
Advanced Clinical Practice
10:00am - 1:00pm
Lough Neagh Discovery Centre, Craigavon
- Dr Chris Southwell
Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry, SHSCT
- Mrs Roisin McQuillan
Pharmacy Advisor, SPPG
To provide an overview of the management of depression (including the new NICE guideline) and to consider hypnotic and anxiolytic prescribing in primary care.
Having completed this webinar, you will be able to:
- Advise on the management of depression in adults
- Consider non-pharmacological options
- List the choices of antidepressants
- Recognise the harms associated with hypnotics and anxiolytics
- Make recommendations on how to reduce or stop hypnotics and anxiolytics